1 Year Development – Language Skills
Language has two main points:
- Receptive language (comprehension): Language being intelligible
- Expressive language (using language): Using language, speech, sign, or alternative forms of communication to convey wants, needs, thoughts, and ideas.
- Responds to sound and noise
- Recognizes facial expressions and tone of voice
- He hums (like an-an, dad-ba)
- Makes sounds in response to those around
- Recognizes the names of some objects
Possible Situations Encountered When It Doesn’t Progress
- May have difficulty socializing and joint attention with parents
- Since humming strengthens the facial muscles, poor development can affect the muscles.