Why Do Children Choose Food?
One of the most important responsibilities of parents is to create a healthy eating process for their children. Nutrition is the most important basic requirement for all living things. However, this becomes very sensitive when it comes to children and choosing food.
“My child does not eat healthy food,” or “… he didn’t even put his food in his mouth,” is something we hear a lot from parents. So why do children choose food, what can be done about it, let’s take a look at this issue.
Why Does Your Child Choose Food?
Children who eat some food with appetite and do not want to see the face of some dishes can be explained as children who choose their meals.
If you don’t know why your child chooses food, you don’t have to worry about it. The solution to the problem is much easier than you think.
Could it taste bad? Of course it can. Let’s admit that the taste of some vegetables is not delicious. Therefore, you will be disappointed if you insist on these foods just because they are healthy. In some cases, the cause may be very different. The problem can sometimes be emotional and sometimes psychological. So what can be done in this situation? First of all, you have to find out what the problem is, its source. The reasons why children choose food may be one of the following.
- You should look at how your child is introduced to these foods. He may have acquired a conditional bias towards a food he has met for the first time, when he is nauseous, sick, or sad.
- Sometimes, he may have come across moments when he was worried about making a new meal change.
- Your desire for your child to eat something new may have caused an adverse reaction in him. –
- It may be that the number of new foods to be introduced in the same meal is high.
- Maybe he just didn’t like the taste or smell. We all know how intensely boiled cauliflower and cabbage smell. –
- Sometimes the problem may be due to an emotional reason. Children can sometimes be prejudiced against them because of the textures and colors of the food.
Some Suggestions for Kids Choosing Food
One of the biggest fears of parents is not being able to take the right approach to the problem of choosing food. There are some effective ways to make your child like the food they don’t like. Here are some suggestions for getting your child to love different foods. –
Never pressure. As this will stress him out more, he will walk away if he perceives it as a threat. –
Prepare to accustom your child to new different foods. Let your child recognize the food uncooked. Meet them anyway. Let him get to know the process until it comes to him in this way, until it becomes a meal.