Important Vitamins and Minerals for Your Baby
Babies need vitamins and minerals to develop healthily. Therefore, vitamin supplements for babies are very important. Although breast milk contains the nutrients that babies need, as time progresses, breast milk decreases and these vitamins and minerals are started to be taken from different foods.
Babies need many different vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin D. Babies who are in the developmental stage need these vitamins for the growth process from mental development to physical development.
Important Vitamins and Minerals for Babies
As we mentioned earlier, some vitamins and minerals are essential for your baby’s development. By examining the list below, you can learn the vitamins that babies need and the properties of these vitamins.
- Vitamin A: Protects against infections, supports eye development, strengthens the immune system.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D, which is important for bone development, also provides protection against allergic diseases.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C, which strengthens immunity and ensures faster repair of tissues, should be given to babies in accordance with the doctor’s recommendation.
- Vitamin B6: One of the most important vitamins for the immune system, B6 is found in green vegetables and red meat.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 is very important for body development. Its deficiency can cause many problems.
- Selenium: This mineral, which is important for the development of muscles, strengthening of the immune system, and protection of blood cells, is abundant in milk and dairy products.
- Omega 3: This mineral, which the body cannot produce on its own, ensures the balancing of all body functions.
- Iron: Iron, which ensures the removal of carbon dioxide from the body, maintains immunity, and allows oxygen to circulate throughout the body, is a very important mineral for babies.
- Zinc: Zinc mineral, which provides antibody production to fight infections, also helps repair tissues.
- These minerals and vitamins are very important for your baby’s development. To get these vitamins, you can both turn to foods and use vitamin drops for babies. However, it is recommended that you consult your doctor before using it.
How to Give Vitamins and Minerals to Babies?
It is recommended that vitamins and minerals, which greatly support the development of babies, should be given with food. In other words, it is possible to meet your baby’s vitamin and mineral needs with healthy foods rather than supplements sold in pharmacies. At this point, it should be noted that some foods are started to be given at certain ages. For this reason, it is recommended to consult your doctor before giving any food to your baby.
If you are going to prefer different products such as drops for vitamin and mineral supplements, you should definitely turn to drops produced for babies. Because adult vitamin supplements and infant vitamin supplements are not the same. In addition, it is important for your baby to be examined at first to find out if he has an allergic body, so that your baby is healthy and suitable for vitamins.