6 Years Development – Gross Motor Skills
Gross motor (physical) skills are abilities that require whole-body movement and involve the body’s large (as core stabilizers) muscles to perform everyday actions such as standing, walking, running, and sitting upright. It also includes hand-coordination skills such as ball-playing skills (throwing, catching, hitting).
- Light jogs on tiptoe.
- Can walk on balance board.
- Can jump using jump rope.
- It can jump 2 meters away.
- They exhibit throwing and catching behaviors similar to adults.
- Shows jumping abilities similar to adults
Possible Situations Encountered When It Doesn’t Progress
- Difficulty participating in sports activities.
- Lack of self-confidence when comparing yourself to peers.
- Lack of self-confidence in movement-based activities